The Disciples’ Prayer Series – Part 8
This small phrase from the Disciples’ Prayer takes us on quite a ride through legal theology. Now, on the surface that may sound thick and boring, but ultimately it proves to the believer why they should live with absolutely no fear of judgment.
If you are a believer and are worried that when you stand before God that there may be some little something that may tip the scales and send you to the lake of fire, then you need to listen to this lesson. Why? Because you are thinking wrong, and you need to understand the truth found in the scripture about believers in the time of judgement. Knowing the truth sets us free.
In this lesson we will look at several things such as:
- What debt do we have? What do we owe it to?
- How is it forgiven?
- What does being forgiven of debt have to do with Jesus saying that He had come to declare the acceptable year of the Lord?
- Are we now lawless?
- HINT: The answer is No, but we aren’t still tied to the Law of Moses. The scripture introduces a new law in very plain language, and we can never be free of its demands. It is the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus. Also called the Law of Liberty, the Law of Christ, and the Royal Law in scripture.
- I’ll discuss how the scripture tells us to keep this new law.
- Finally, I go into detail about the judgement of believers and explain how we aren’t even judged with those who go to the lake of fire. That is a separate judgement that those who cannot take part in the second death will not attend.
This is truly an exciting teaching. I believe that it can serve to set our minds free from the Law of Sin and Death in the same way that our spirits have been set free. You can listen to the audio and download the notes at the top of this post. Please feel free to share this blog and comment below for discussion. God Bless!